TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. You can book online/email email@example.com or call 01245 808280 (Vitawell Clinic) or Lynsey Webb on 07549456501
2. If you make a course booking under the distance selling regulations and your course starts less than 7 days later, you agree to forfeit your rights to a refund if you cancel your course.
3. Once a booking and a deposit has been made, any fees are not refundable after the cooling off period (7 days). Courses booked in person or within 7 days of the start date do not qualify for the distance act rules. All course deposits/fees paid are non-refundable.
4. Once we have processed your booking you will receive a confirmation email. Your place is guaranteed only when your deposit has been received and you have received a booking confirmation. If you do not receive a booking confirmation, please contact us by email.
PAYMENTS & CANCELLATION
1. All current fees can be found by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Payments can be made by bank transfer/credit*/debit cards or cash. Credit may be available to you subject to status. Full payment is required 14 days before commencement of your course.
3. Course fees include: tuition fees, training materials/products used during lessons, manuals and handouts, refreshments. Additional fees may be required such as registration fees/assessment fees/Admin finance fee.
4. Students can make use of the Kitchen facilities that are open Monday-Friday. Students are also welcome to bring their own refreshments and lunch.
5. In the event of a student withdrawing from a course before completion or failing to attend the course without giving at least 14 days prior notice, no refund will be made, or transfer offered.
6. If a student notifies AATA in writing (via email or letter) up to 14 days before the start date of a course, and where the student has issued AATA with a written confirmation of cancellation, a full refund less deposit will be made (within 14 days of notification). It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that a confirmation of cancellation is received.
7. Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, a student has a right to cancel a course within 14 days (known as a “cooling off period”) of entering into a contract. In this instance a full refund will be made to the student. If the course commences within the cooling off period and the student has attended the course, then the cooling off period is forfeited. If a student withdraws from a course within 14 days of commencement for whatever reason, then the full fee will remain payable or any fees paid will be held.
8. Any other items that will include further costs such as kits for home use will be charged as additional items unless specifically stated otherwise.
9. On very rare occasions, due to circumstances or insufficient numbers booked on a course, it may be necessary to reschedule or cancel a course upon which a booking is made. If the reschedule dates offered are not convenient to the student, AATA will refund payments already paid only. No other compensation will be made by AATA.
1. AATA warrants that the services provided under these terms will be provided with reasonable skill and care.
2. The student warrants to AATA that they are
a. legally capable of entering into binding contracts, and have full authority, power and capacity to agree to these booking terms.
b. the information provided in or in connection with the booking request is accurate and complete
c. the student will be able to attend the AATA course at the time and in the place advertised;
d. the student meets the pre-requisites and qualification criteria for attending the course as specified in pre-requisites
e. the student is a resident of the European Union.
1. The student will ensure they attend every hour of the course on which they are booked. Course content is designed to meet the criteria set out by the relevant awarding bodies. Failure to attend all the guided learning hours could result in the student not gaining the relevant qualification.
2. Students must be 18 years or over at the time they commence a course at AATA.
3. AATA will not guarantee any student will pass any test, examination or competence certificate. If during the test, examination or competency demonstration the student does not meet the standards required by the governing body applicable to that skill, AATA cannot be held responsible.
4. Courses will require practice on models plus written assignments to enable completion. Photo evidence may be required by the internal and external verifier.
5. AATA reserves the right to alter or reschedule course dates and timetables where necessary.
6. AATA reserves the right to alter and rearrange the course structure and content as and when necessary or as directed by any governing bodies or accredited institutions without notice.
7. AATA reserves the right to decide on the number of students present on a course at any time.
8. AATA reserves the right to refuse entry/enrolment onto any course or refuse education to a student booked on a course with valid reason.
9. All course materials are copyright to AATA and will not be copied without permission.
10. All students are required to adhere to Health and Safety, Student Conduct, Client Confidentiality, Data Protection and any other policy or regulation as set by AATA. These are available to students on request.
11. Students will adhere to the dress code as directed by AATA.
12. Tutors and assessors may change throughout the course without notice.
13. The final decision on any assessment will be made by AATA, ABT, VTCT or any other awarding body.
14. Students acknowledge that any work not submitted to the tutor for marking within the agreed study period, will be subject to further fees. The student also acknowledges that some work will need to be to be to a standard recognised by external awarding bodies.
15. It is the learners’ responsibility to study resources deemed appropriate to pass written and practical assessments and exams.
16. It is the learners’ responsibility to ensure they have the necessary insurance required to enable them to complete the course they are attending.
17. In light of Covid-19 we will offer students an alternative course date If they do not wish to travel to our Academy.
– Re-sit written exams will be charged for as follows:
1. Written 1st attempt – Included in course fees
2. Written 2nd attempt – Included in course fees
3. Written 3rd attempt – £20.00
4. Written further attempts – £25.00
5. Practical 1st attempt – Included in course fees
6. Practical further attempts charged at £75.00
7. All re-sit exams will need to be booked into dates when the internal verifier is booked to attend.
16. Home study of theory is required and is the student’s responsibility to do so in order to have the knowledge to pass assessments.
17. Re-sits and re-takes of written or practical assessments will need to be taken at a time scale set by AATA to fit in with the internal verifier or external verifier. ABT or VTCT in any discipline have an end point given by AATA at enrolment. Any completion passed the end date will be charged at a penalty of £150 for each day dedicated to student completion. Any re-sits required past a 2 year period need to be started again and will be charged at the full price of the qualification to do this.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR PURCHASE & DELIVERY OF GOODS DELIVERY
1. We aim to make our delivery costs as simple as possible:
MAINLAND UK ONLY – SMALL PARCEL
under £25 (EX VAT) = £4.95 Royal Mail tracked 48 hr delivery (2nd)
any order over £25 (ex-vat) = FREE Royal Mail 48 hours tracked (2nd Class)
Next Day Delivery
Royal Mail Special – Under 1kg = £8.95
Royal Mail Special – 1-2kg = £11.95
EUROPE – SMALL PARCEL – INC. SOUTHERN IRELAND
Standard 48hr delivery signed for under 1kg = £12.55
Standard 48hr delivery signed for 1-2kg = £15.25
Standard delivery 72hr over 2kg up to 5 kg = £20.30
Next day not available
WORLD – SMALL PARCEL
Standard 48hr delivery signed for under 1kg = £17.35
Standard 48hr delivery signed for 1-2kg = £21.10
Not available over 2kg
If a delivery charge for your area/country is not listed, then we will give you a separate delivery quote and your order may take longer to arrive.
Orders are normally prepared and sent out the same working day if the order is placed by 1pm. Any orders placed after 1pm will be prepared and sent out the following working day. Orders with a request for next day delivery arrive the day after so please allow time for your parcel to arrive.
We can’t leave your parcel without a signature although we can leave it with a neighbour, just let us know in the comments during your order process. AATA is responsible for preparing and placing your order with our delivery ‘partner’. It is not responsible for your delivery or your receipt of orders. Any enquiries may be made to AATA who will then enquire with the delivery partner. You may need to contact the delivery partner direct to obtain further information.
2. Orders are normally prepared and sent out the same working day if the order is placed by 1pm. Any orders placed after 1pm will be prepared and sent out the following working day. Orders with a request for next day delivery arrive the day after so please allow time for your parcel to arrive.
3. If you live outside UK Mainland, then we will give you a separate delivery quote and your order may take longer to arrive.
4. Smaller orders will be sent via Royal Mail, whilst larger orders are sent via UK Mail or DPD Courier on a next day service. We can leave your parcel in a safe place without a signature, just let us know in the comments during your order. Enhance me Training academy is responsible for preparing and placing your order without delivery ‘partner’. It is not responsible for your delivery or your receipt of orders. Any enquiries may be made to AATA who will then enquire with the delivery partner. You may need to contact the delivery partner direct to obtain further information.
5. A 1-hour delivery timeslot may be texted to you if you provide your mobile number during the checkout process.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
1. At AATA we’ve tried to keep our returns policy simple. You have the right to return any unwanted goods up to a maximum period of 30 days after you receive the goods.
2. If you wish to return your goods you must inform us via letter or email, the address details for this can be found on our contact page. We are unable to accept cancellations by phone.
3. If you cancel your order after it has been dispatched, you are responsible for returning the goods at your own expense. You must make sure the goods are suitably packaged and we receive the goods in a sale-able condition.
4. Refunds will be processed within 14 working days of us receiving your goods.
5. We’ll always do our best to make sure orders arrive undamaged, but sometimes accidents can happen in transit. If you receive any damaged goods, please let us know immediately via any of the contact methods on our contact page and we’ll resolve the issue quickly.
1. AATA endeavours to provide an exemplary service, however, any complaint about any aspect or experience at AATA should be made in writing to email@example.com
1. The only language used by AATA is English. If you require your course literature to be translated, then please discuss this at the point on booking at least 28 days prior to the start of the course. AATA reserves the right to charge a fee for translation services.
1. These booking terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in relation to these booking terms. In placing an order for a course or delivery of products with AATA, the individual acknowledges all terms listed above.